All about little old me

My photo
Ilminster, Somerset, United Kingdom
43 years old, one wonderful daughter and husband. I love craft, card making, scrapbooking, jewellery making, altered art. I been crafting for about 8 years or so and moving house 6 years ago allowed me the space of my own craftroom. (Much to the annoyance of my husband!)

My wonderful followers

Saturday 11 December 2010

First some cards then some cakes!!






The cards are using the new digi images from All that scraps so so cute and easy to make a stunning card.

Lemon Drizzle cakes using my cool new cake tins, bargain from homesense £3.99!


Lemon Kisses

Lemon Kisses recipe

Makes about 20 (not when you use a bigger cookie cutter though?!)

200g/7oz soft butter
140g/5oz caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1tsp vanilla extract
zest & juice of 1 lemon
280g/10oz plain flour, plus some for rolling
half jar lemon curd
140g/5oz icing sugar

1. Stir together the butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and lemon zest from 1 lemon using a wooden spoon. Stir in flour using your hands at the end to bring the mixture together. Tip out onto a floured surface, make a smooth dough, then roll out to about 1cm thick and cut into shapes with a cookie cutter ( I used a heart shape, but stars would be great for Christmas time) Arrange on baking trays and leave to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bake biscuits for 8-12 mins until pale golden in colour, then cool on wire rack. Once cool spread with lemon curd and sandwich 2 biscuits together. Next mix lemon juice into icing sugar to a runny consistency then dizzle over the biscuits leave to set.

Final step sit down and eat with a nice cup of tea, yum yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin