All about little old me

My photo
Ilminster, Somerset, United Kingdom
43 years old, one wonderful daughter and husband. I love craft, card making, scrapbooking, jewellery making, altered art. I been crafting for about 8 years or so and moving house 6 years ago allowed me the space of my own craftroom. (Much to the annoyance of my husband!)

My wonderful followers

Saturday 5 November 2011

NEC trip



Thought I'd just pop in a quick post about my trip up to the Midlands to go to the NEC craft show on Friday. I had a really lovely day with a mega early start on Friday morning and met my friend at the NEC as she lives about 20 miles north of there. She's not a crafter but I think I may have got her a little bit hooked or at least interested in making the odd special cards for friends or family and she was filled with inspiration to use at work to raise funds.
I found the Do crafts stand and delivered my Thank you card and had my picture taken and maybe in the magazine in a future issue so be warned to look out for my ugly mug!
I also saw loads of people from Create and craft but didn't go over and get my picture taken with them. I did however spend most of the day boring my mate with saying 'there's so and so off the telly!' I also spoke to a couple of ladies who I follow the blogs of, who were working and demonstrating on the Lili of the Valley stand. It must be really weird for them when complete strangers go up to them and start chatting away. I managed to spend far too much money as usual but it had to be done. I'll post a picture of the haul another day. *pictures added above*

Finally on a much sadder note I just wanted to mention the awful accident which happened on the M5 right next to the junction that is near to where I live. I except that most people have seen it on the national news or seen what happened on one of the social networking sites. My heart goes out to all the family and friends of anyone involved. Not much else that I can say but felt that I must say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin