All about little old me

My photo
Ilminster, Somerset, United Kingdom
43 years old, one wonderful daughter and husband. I love craft, card making, scrapbooking, jewellery making, altered art. I been crafting for about 8 years or so and moving house 6 years ago allowed me the space of my own craftroom. (Much to the annoyance of my husband!)

My wonderful followers

Thursday 28 June 2012

It's been a long month!

Well it's been a long painful month for lots of different reasons that I won't bore you with, so down to what's been happening in the crafty side of my life.
A friend is getting married on Saturday and asked me to make a card for her to give to her new husband. She wanted it to be in her future husbands favourite colours which are red & blue, so I had a bit of a panic as to what to do but I'm really pleased with the finished result and so was she. I've used a teddybo digi image and coloured it with a combo of spectrum noirs, flex & promarkers and copics. Die cut heart shapes are from xcut with a spellbinder die for the sentiment which I printed out from the sentiments on craftartist. The embossed background is spellbinder embossing folder and then sanded to reveal the pattern more.
I've also been asked by the bride sister to make a wordbook in her wedding colours which are bright pink and orange, again I started to panic but once I hunted out the colours I really enjoyed putting it all together. I'll post a picture after the big day as I don't want the bride to see the finished result until she and her new hubby receive their card.

As wedding season is in full swing one of my work friends was asking whether I could make some Thank you cards for him and his new bride to give after the big day. He didn't really know what he wanted so I've made a couple of samples to show him. As they want 50 cards I've done something very simple as I don't want to have to make duplicates of something over complicated, so these would be very quick to make once I've die cut out the shapes. I hope he and his young lady like them or it's back to the drawing board. 


Lastly I thought I'd show you a tag I made the other day with some new distress inks pads that I got a great deal on with really great quick delivery on ebay, £18 for 6 ink pads plus £1.70 postage. What a bargain £3 an ink pad. I've used some spellbinder rolled flowers and leaves and some glimmer mists for some sparkle. Hope you have a lovely Thursday. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin